“It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
Hi, I’m Rory, a big kid with a beard. I enjoy picture books, fist bumps, stuff, items and things. I loves Dad jokes, words that rhyme, sticky date pudding and my wife. When I was a kid I had difficulty reading and because of that I didn’t enjoy it. A few good books *cough* Harry Potter *cough* changed this and now you won’t find me without a book – usually a historical fiction. Because of this I try to write books that will engage young readers so that they too will grow up with a love of reading. I live in Toowoomba with my wife and our two dogs Hugo and Cooper who can be spotted over on my Instagram @roryhmatherauthor.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- I LOVE potatoes…
- I have a slight lisp and sometimes have trouble with the letter R – which is awkward because there are two of them in my name…
- When I was a kid I lived on a boat and sailed all the way around the world with my family. It took years and though I kept an eye out I didn’t see any mermaids…but I’m pretty sure they exist.
- I have been to every continent except Antarctica.
- I used to want to be a rapper…but remember that lisp?
- I really want to go to Antarctica and sing Ice Ice Baby…Oh, and I can’t count.